YC Group is pleased to announce that we are building an Indigenous Youth Advisory Committee for an exciting project for an Aboriginal Youth Centre based at Green Central
We are seeking young Indigenous Committee Members to share their ideas on a wide range of issues concerning youth, especially those affecting young Aboriginal people in the Central Coast region. These Committee members will also need to consult with young Aboriginal people on a range of issues and demonstrate leadership through a commitment to personal development, cultural integrity and learning.
The Committee member’s will work towards YC Group’s goal to encourage the active participation of, including employment of young Aboriginal people. This will also include contributing to the development of the YC strategic initiatives and policies.
1. Attend and participate in meetings of the Youth Indigenous Advisory Committee
2. Provide advice and recommendations to YC
3. Undertake further training and development as provided by YC
4. Work cooperatively with the respective YC staff
1. Is a an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
2. Open to ages between 12 and 24 residing on NSW Central Coast
3. Can demonstrate a commitment to actively participate on the Youth Indigenous Advisory Committee
4. Is an advocate for the rights and interests of Aboriginal peoples
5. Will be able to meet at least 4 – 6 times a year
We welcome all indigenous youth from diverse locations, backgrounds and life experiences to apply. The selection will be based on your committment and attitude to serving your community.
To apply please fill the application form below it out and email it back.
Key Application Dates
Friday 20th of September: Applications open
Friday 8th of November: Applications close
Late November: Shortlisted and unsuccessful applicants are notified
Early December: There will be recruitment interviews